Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brinner Twitter and Birthday Week

Well...I haven't meant for there to be such a lull in blogging. Its just that I want to blog, then I don't. Some of me thinks that the yous out there aren't really entitled to every little thing in my life and to be honest, allot has been going on and I just don't think its really the world wide webs business.

On another thought....I do love twitter. Anyone who is anyone twitters. It is a social networking site (just like everything else out there) where you have 200 characters to answer this question "What are you doing?" You answer and everyone you subscribe to, you get to see what they are doing. And you can get updated every time they update. You can get updates from CNN or keep up with you fave movie star or band, (or ingenious church planter...) what ever floats your boat. But the best thing is, it keeps you connected. You become a part of peoples lives in a way you never thought possible. It also seems to be a way to text with everyone knowing your conversation. And through twit pic, you can be a part of important moments. I agree with some other bloggers out there that it seems to be taking place of blogging. But I do love it. Try it out, its addicting.

Tonight I served Brinner. Maybe you aren't familiar with this....but it is breakfast for dinner and it happens to be one of my favorite things. I am pretty sure that the word was out there before "Scrubs" but this popular TV show has made it more widely used. My dad made it allot while growing up. Jaron has been asking for it, so I made his wish come true. Also my husband asked for peppered bacon and biscuits and gravy, so for the first time in my life I made gravy from scratch. And it turned out amazing. So, I slaved over a very hot stove in the middle of a very hot 100 degree summer in a very hot house because we are trying to conserve electricity, to fill the stomachs of my boys. All that slaving was well worth it. Brinner was delicious and filling. Something else about dinners....I have them planned out for the rest of the month and no meal is duplicated (except fajitas I think)...amazing huh?

Finally, its Birthday Week. What is Birthday Week you ask? Well, my Nic and I met shortly after my 21st birthday. When I turned 22, just 2 1/2 months after we married, he was halfway around the world in Germany on a mission trip that was planned before he even knew I existed. So, he planned a gift for every day to be sent to me along with a card. And so he has kept up the tradition. Since I turn a quarter of a century on Monday, my Birthday week started today. Nic says it is the "best holiday of the year, because we are celebrating God's incredible gift for [him] - [me]!!" (That's what today's card said) Isn't he the best? I sure do think so. I am not one to go disgustingly on and on and on and on and on and on and on about my husband and how much I love him. But I do value the man that God created for me.

Well, Mission LTX is wrapping up tomorrow and then we are headed to Schlitterbahn on Friday to hang out with my family for the day.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 10, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

i laughed...towards the bottom...laughed out loud at that

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP