Saturday, July 28, 2007

Beach Break to Camp 7*8

My husband is much better at this consistenly blogging thing than I am...

Summer has been great and going by too quickly!



For camp this summer, we partnered with FBC P'ville to take our students to the beach. In June, we loaded the bus, van, and a tahoe and headed to South Padre. After an uneventful trip, we settled in for a few jam packed days of fun. The camp speaker was a good friend of Nic's from Howard Payne. Scott has done camp for us before, and so I knew that our students would be challenged and so would I. He did a great job, and it was fun to hang out with him again. Lindsey Kane once again delighted us with her gifts and was the worship leader. And once again I am throughly impressed with this woman of God. It was an utter joy to be able to be ushered into the presence of our Savior. I had the privelage of getting to stay with her all week and just got to hang out most of the time. I can say that the time was well enjoyed. After many were sunburned and tired we headed home. My sunburn was so bad I had a late night visit to the emergency room. But all is well now.

The day after arriving home Nic and I had to joy of witnessing a wedding of two very incredible people. I love going to weddings, I love seeing friends get married and these are two people that I can say God has truly united in an amazing love. Aside from my siblings weddings, I have to say that this was one of the most beautiful and perfect weddings I have ever seen. It was a utter joy to be a part. So thank you Megan and Clay for alowing me to be a part of your joy.

Nic was home for a week, which seemed to fly by, and then was gone to Springtown for a week. He was allowed to opportunity to speak at their missions camp. Andy was gone for most of the week so it was just me a Jaron and it seemed I went to Austin every night for some reason or another. I had the privelege of celebrating a momentus 25th year birthday with a dear friend of mine. And then spent the weekend with my inlaws.

The first week of July was Mission Arlington. We had an incredible week there and I couldn't be prouder of our students and how they consistenly served all week long. It made me realize how great our students are and how capable they are to change our world.

The next week was my birthday week. I am incredibly lucky to be married to Nic. He spoils me to no end and loves doing so. Every day of the week I got a gift and a card. Nic even made me a coupon book for things like "A clean - to your approval- bathroom" or "You get to pick what movies we rent for a night." It was super sweet and he put a lot of thought into everyday to make me feel special. On Friday, he suprised me and took me to stay in San Antonio for the night. He made reservations at the Tower of Americas for dinner and it was AMAZING!! I felt like a princess all night. I am a lucky woman.

The next week was full of preparation for Jr High camp. On that Saturday though, we got to visit with my parents, my sister in law and all my nieces and nephews. It was a fun day. They climbed all over everything and had so much fun playing that they busted a bean bag chair and we had all that little white stuff every where. But my 5 year old nephew was good and vacuumed the living room.

Last week we headed to Camp 7*8, again with P'ville. We spent 3 days in the rain and sun out at Lake Buchanan. We had a blast. It amazed me to watch my husband and his ability to consistenly minister to students. He never ceases to amaze me but sometimes I forget how incredible he is. There is no situation that he can't take care of tactfully and gracefully. He never loses control and is always available. My husband is wonderful.

After weeks of dressmaking, I finally finished the night before the wedding and everthing looked perfect. Mandy and Bubba wed in a packed sanctuary in a beautiful ceremony. They are such a sweet couple and I know that God has such incredible plans for them. Mandy is a beautiful woman who has such a love for students. I know that God is going to use her and her beautiful marriage to minister to so many young ladies. I am blessed to know her.

We have Mission LTX next week and then I think things will be slowing down. School will start and the boys will move out. Our house will be lonely and empty once again. It had been a joy to see how God has shaped all of us this summer. Grown us in different ways and allowed us to see things and situations differently. It has been a great summer.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP