Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils...

It seems like it will never come, then it does and it flies by so fast. But to me, summer is not over until Labor Day is gone...and it has. So now is time for a busy fall.

As I sit in my very quiet living room, Nic and I on our his and hers Dell laptops, each of us surfing and reading, I vaguely remember how just a month ago our evenings were so much louder and so much more exciting. It is not until these quiet evening moments that I miss the boys and the noise and mess they brought into our lives. That day as they moved out, I felt like a parent, trying to cope with empty nest. I am no mother, and I am no empty nester, but I guess in that moment, as both of their trucks drove away, I felt like one. I partly felt they were taking a part of my heart with them too.

Oh now, I am not trying to be sappy or depressing, just emotions I felt. How quickly the seasons of life shift how quickly a winter can change to spring can ablaze into summer and fade into fall back into a quiet winter.

And the semester has already begun. Most of my professors haven't waited to start with the 100 page reading assignments, quizes, and the like. There is no hesitation just ready set go. And go go go we will until December 16th rolls around. I have been blessed with an easy commute, likeable and interesting professors and new friends. And you can't take forget the loving husband who will cook dinner when you get home and do the laundry to boot. (Thank You my Love.)

I really am looking forward to the rest of this year. Hopeful. Inspired. Renewed. Hope you can find the same.Oh, and I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils, if only I knew you name and adress. But, this not knowing has its charms.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP