Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

"I sat at the table and was amazed at all I saw, there were candles everywhere and a white lace tablecloth on the table. Flowers were sprinkled all on the ground, the whole gazebo was decked out. He turned to me with a huge smile on his face and said the flowers were for me. It was huge bouquet of roses, with one perfect white daisy in the middle. 'Thank you.' I smelled them and their fragrance filled the air. He said, 'You know what you always say about daisies...' 'Yes, don't you think daisies are the happiest flower.' To which he replied, 'I do. And you know what else makes me happy...' with this he tugged on the daisy and a box came out of the flower wrapping, he opened it, got on one knee and said 'YOU'..."

My favorite flower in the entire world is the daisy. I am not sure when my love for this flower came about but I do know that my favorite movie, You've Got Mail, deepened my love for the daisy. Daisies are a happy flower, they make you smile when you see one, and they are my favorite. I remember the first flowers Nic ever sent me, a gorgeous bouquet of huge pink roses. A few weeks after that delivery, we watched You've Got Mail and that was when I told him I loved daisies. Until the day he proposed, he never gave me daisies, which I always thought was odd, he always sent a dozen roses in rich and vibrant colors or a pure snowy white. The day he asked me to be his wife, he had one single daisy to give me, right in the middle of roses. He later told me that when we watched that movie, he made a mental note that he wouldn't give me a daisy until a ring was attached to it. Is that not the most sweetest and romantic thing ever? So daisies have a huge significance in our relationship. Sometimes he sends me bouquets of them just to let me know he loves me and it always makes my heart smile. It brings a reminder of the day he professed his love for me, a love God ordained, and the day he wanted me to be his, forever.

Random...you may be thinking...but I promise that it isn't. Today I got a card in the mail, which isn't really all that unexpected since my birthday is just around the corner. It had a huge, white, perfect daisy on the front. It was from one of my dearest friends. It was to let me know she missed me and loved me. It brought a tear to my eye. It was special and it made me remember how lucky I am to be surrounded by people who love me. And just as the daisies the love of my life gives me, this daisy made me heart smile. It made me thankful. It made me hopeful. Love and friendship are beautiful things. I was reminded of this today.

Disclaimer: No my title is not wrong, Kathleen Kelly asks this to Joe Fox when she says daisies are her favorite flower in You've Got Mail. I just like to say they are the happiest.

1 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. B July 14, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

There is not a single time that I have watched that movie since knowing you that I haven't thought of you. I miss you friend. I know that it's been forever since we had a good chat, but it bring joy to my heart to see you happily married to a man you love so much, and who loves you just as much in return.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP