Friday, October 3, 2008

One step foward, two steps back

Wednesday was such a big day for us. I had been feeling pretty good all week, and we had a big doctors appt. It was just a regular check up and for the first time, Nic and I got to hear the heart beat. It was such a surreal experience. First I heard my own, and then, this quick fluttering, so strong and steady. It was breath taking. And so perfect. It was an awesome thing to hear. On our way home, we stopped for breakfast and apparently something I ate did not agree with me and by the time we got home, I was so nauseous and began vomiting. Which put me right back into that awful cycle. Thursday I contacted home health and by the evening, they finally came to administer some meds through my IV since I was not able to keep them down orally. As soon as I got that Pepcid, my stomach settled and I was able to eat some popsicles. Today I was able to rest and finally ate a peanut butter sandwich...small I know but this is huge for me.

Everyday holds something new, but this being sick is getting soooo old. Hopefully it will pass soon. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers...you have no idea how comforting they are. Thanks again.

1 comments:

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Johanna,
I will be praying for you throughout your pregnancy. I am so happy for you and Nick that God has blessed you with this pregnancy. Hopefully, the the rough patch will end soon! Please let us know if we can do anything to help at anytime!

Bridget Wildschuetz

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP