Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Highlights

Well this past month has seemed to have literally flown by!! I haven't been home more than two consecutive nights since December 17th. So here is a rundown of Christmas Burleson style:

  • We had Christmas parties with both the Jr High and High School Students and it was a blast.
  • Nic and I had the chance to spend an extended 5 days with my parents and siblings and their children at my sisters house in Houston. It was so awesome to be in the same place with them at the same time for so long. There were 15 of us under one roof and we loved every minute of it. Not to mention my five nieces and nephews adore Nic and spent every spare moment trying to chase him and jump all over him.
  • I got to experience my first Christmas service with The Connection Church and let me say it was INCREDIBLE!! Over 900 people showed up to celebrate on Christmas Eves Eve and it was a truly rockin' service. You can check it out here.
  • We then headed for a 5 day stay in Gorman to celebrate with Nic's family. We spent a very calm, quiet and restful few days. No crazy shopping days were really planned (which is quite unusual for us) but we survived.
  • Nic and I celebrated our own Christmas tradition by opening gifts on Christmas Eve and it was bittersweet. Next year we will have a little one, and so it was hard to truly enjoy this last Christmas as newly weds and not imagine how much our lives will have changed by the time the Holiday Season comes around again.
  • I think Nic got the best Christmas present any man could ask for, he felt the baby kick for the first time. I laid in bed all morning just thinking how wonderful it would be and how happy Nic would be, and that afternoon, without much prodding, our little one made his presence known to his father.
  • Nic got the honor to teach on the Sunday after Christmas. He suffered such a sickness and very high fevers the days prior, but God truly showed up. My hubby is a funny man and God used his stories and life experiences to bring practical application to our lives. You can check it out here if you like.
  • Unexpectedly we dog sat for my brother in law, and then on the spur of the moment, we decided to go to Houston for New Years to take Oscar back home. It is always a blast to hang with Justin and Christy and we truly didn't want to come home, but we had to.

And now we are home, gearing up for a new semester in life. I can tell you this, a goal for 2009 is to blog more. I know you are just dying to know that, but I truly am going to try. Let's see how it goes.

1 comments:

Anonymous January 4, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

actually, i am dying to know that.

i wish you would blog more!

if nothing else, do a photoblog of cool stuff when you get your new camera.

wordpress has cool photoblog specific layouts i believe. i'm just sayin.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP