Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feeling Blesssed

Recently, I have had many days were my heart surges full of joy and thanfulness because of the blessings God has given me. It makes me feel like I am his favorite. And hey why can't I be? Doesn't He love us all that way?!?

The most amazing man on the face of this planet lives in my home. I get to go to bed with him every night and wake up to him every morning and sometimes, if I am lucky, I get to wake up in to the sound of his glorious snore at 2 or 3 am. School is going marvelously well. School is wonderful. I think I appreciate it much more as an adult. It is not just an obstable to overcome, or an expectation held over my head, but rather something I want to do and actually I am loving doing it. And I guess it helps that I am reaffirmed in my efforts, Nic is uber proud of me and why shouldn't he when I have all A+'s in every class. Heck, I am way proud of me. I have a great family. The best sisters a girl could ask for, even though our busy lives prevent us from talking so much and parents that support Nic and I. And God has truly blessed me with some wonderful friends, new and old.

One of them I got to have a great lunch with. A woman that has truly touched the core of my heart. It is because of my husband that we met, but she laughs and says, don't you know God would have brought us together some other way, we were destined to meet. And I know it is true. Kindred spirits we are. Much alike and also much different. Over a meal and a few hours, I walk away a changed woman. Feeling challegened, cared for, appreciated, convicted, contemplative, grateful, renewed. Having laughed, nearly cried, seeing the hand of God, and knowing our futures are definitely intertwined. What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. And once again, I am confident in the love and grace God so lavishly lays upon me. It is all such a beautiful thing, a glorious moment, a tender thought.

As of late I have felt the innate desire to try to express the joy that I have. Often times, unable to put into words but I try. God is good, even when His hand is unseen. Lindsey Kane

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP