Friday, January 30, 2009

The Last 80 Days

That's it. Isn't that slightly unbelievable. I only have 80 days left until my due date, April 20, 2009. I can definitely say that this pregnancy wasn't at all what I could have expected.

THE FIRST TRIMESTER
I knew I was pregnant very, very, very early. Before many women know. And we kept it a secret for many reasons. My early pregnancy symptoms were pretty minimal. I didn't gag when I brushed my teeth, every smell didn't make me nauseous, and I wasn't having to pee every 5 minutes. But around 6 and 8 weeks, I started the non stop throwing up. And after weeks of that, I landed myself in the hospital, twice, for nearly two weeks. This also got me a PICC line for a month; my one source of hydration and nutrition. You can read about the whole hospitalization ordeal here. We moved into our new house and to a new job during this time. All of this seems to make me think I had a slightly uncommon, abnormal first trimester.

THE SECOND TRIMESTER
I eventually got my PICC line removed, started eating a little and pretty much started getting back to normal. I started Pilate's and realized how much by body had changed and weakened from being sick. I felt those first quickening flutters of movement and it was so unreal! I also caught a second wind. I felt slightly renewed but most days I really didn't "feel" pregnant, nor did I really need maternity clothes. We also found out we are having a boy, (who has yet to be named.)

THE THIRD TRIMESTER
Just a few weeks ago, I entered my final and third trimester. This thought has been slightly unsettling, but also exciting. Most days, I think we haven't prepared enough, that there is so much we haven't done. All big ticket items, still left to be bought not to mention all the small things that are needed. We haven't even fully cleaned out his room to start moving him (meaning his stuff) in. And yet, I am not really worried. God has granted me a sense of peace and an internal calm. Of course, nesting has kicked in. The house being messy, things being unorganized, ahem, Nic leaving his socks on the floor...these things do unsettle me.
And I have noticed my body changing. My 'bump' is growing every day. Noticeably. It is so weird! I am still not totally in maternity clothes, many of my prepregnancy pants still fit with the aid of my trusty bella band, its just the desire for shirts to be longer, that's about all. I give it a few more weeks and I am sure I will not even want to look at anything without a stretchy waist! OH, the pains have come!!! What was slightly effortless in my Pilate's class, is now taking every ounce of energy and strength I have. I know that this class is great preparation for labor and many of my girlfriends keep telling me it will help my body bounce back after baby comes, but it still leaves me drained. I am uncomfortable most nights. My hips have begun to hurt and my stomach hurts just from all the growing. One night last week, I got up 8 times (count them, 8) to pee. And, with all the moving baby burleson does, I feel like I could pee on myself! I have what is called an anterior placenta, meaning my placenta is on the front and it does inhibit my ability to feel him kick from the exterior, meaning Nic can't really feel him all that often. But I sure do feel him rolling around and jabbing me!
There aren't many things I crave either. Sometimes I just want a cookie, or something crunchy, or something savory. Most of the time, I just want it to taste good. I have noticed in the last week or so, that I really love a glass or two of chocolate milk. I went through this last gallon in 5 days, all by myself because Nic doesn't drink milk. Most days, I don't have too much of an appetite. Mostly I think that is because as my uterus grows, my organs are being cramped in such a small space. It takes so long for food and such to digest. But then just last week I had a day or two where I was hungry, all day long! Oh and I think I could go for french fries and gravy at any time.

So, the next 80 days or less will be quite interesting and should prove to hold many exciting moments before I actually give birth to this incredible life inside of me. Also, I am not a huge fan of pictures of myself, but I might post a few. I should be getting maternity shots done and maybe I'll post those. Only time will tell. Until next time...

3 comments:

Ashley January 30, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

Please, for the folks who are far, put some pictures up!!!!!!! I need to see you!

Jackie Lura February 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Hey Jo!

I found that video when I was searching for the lyrics of a Juno song.

I am sorry to hear about Nic's aunt. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Parkhurst Studios February 8, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

Hi! I found your blog :o) Congrats on baby boy Burleson!! Wish I could see you and your beautiful belly sometime! Email me... racheljparkhurst@hotmail.com

love,
rachie

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP