Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recap

Once again it's been a few weeks since I have posted, alot has happened but then again not a whole lot, just life, one day at a time.

  1. Nic turned 31. Once Nic turned 29 he began to dread his birthday. So I try to do something a little extra to celebrate. Last year was a surprise party. And this year we celebrated two different nights. On his actual birthday, I took him to eat at Estancia Churrascuria. It was quite amazing. Brian and Jamie Moore, some fellow youth workers, joined us and we greatly enjoyed hanging out together.
  2. The second part of this celebration requires its own bullet. Since right after I got sick, I have been craving my mother's chicken fried deer steak. When my daddy hunted, we always had this to eat and it was all of our favorite meal. We each had our own part; Jackie and I would pound the meat, Jerry, Julie, and Jason would help get the potatoes and gravy ready (More Grease!! ... that's a story for a different day). It was wonderful and I told Amber, that whenever I got my hands on some of that meat, I was going to make that meal. Over Christmas, Nic and I hit the motherload when it comes to venison, as so I set out in recreating my momma's chicken fried deer. Zak, Amber, and the Coups came over and we enjoyed some chicken fried deer steak and mashed taters. To top it off, we had a chocolate brownie mosaic cheesecake, which was all from scratch. Delicious!!
  3. I started school last week. It has been a slight adjustment to my sleeping schedule, but I sure am loving the classes I am taking. These are two classes that I have been waiting to take and I am looking forward to all that I'll be learning. Maybe I will post some of my work from this semester.
  4. As of today, we have 2 months and 22 days until my due date. Baby Boy Burleson could come early or come late. Who knows. Quite a bit has been going on with my pregnancy so stayed tuned to an all preggo post!
  5. Well, does there have to be a five....

1 comments:

Jackie Lura January 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

Haha I totally forgot about pounding the mean... fun stuff... but I do remember that awesome gravy!!!

I didnt know you were going to take classes again! Fun Stuff!

Does Baby Boy Burleson have a name yet... i think I shall call him B cubbed!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP